Schedule your class field trip today!
Gateway to Science welcomes the opportunity to host your classroom’s field trip! Please read more about our group visits below. Are you a preschool or kindergarten teacher? Check out our Preschool Inquiry Trips to get more out of your visit to Gateway to Science!
North Dakota Science Standards
Many of the hands-on activities in our gallery are aligned to the ND Science Standards. Our exhibits have recently been evaluated by a team of student teachers from the University of Mary. You will find their results at ND Science Standards and the Gateway to Science Gallery.
Group Visits at Gateway to Science
- Groups of 10 or more MUST request a visit at least one week in advance to qualify for the group rate. If your group is more than 40 people, please call 701-258-1975 before submitting a request.
- Gallery hours for group visits are Monday-Saturday 10am-5pm
- Visits may last up to 90 minutes in the gallery
- During times of increased visitor traffic (April & May), group visits may be limited to 60 minutes in the gallery.
- Group admission rate is $5 per person
- Children under the age of four will be admitted free with paid adult (limit of 1 child per 1 paid adult)
- Current Gateway to Science memberships will be honored for group visits
- Membership only covers cost of gallery and not any add-ons.
- Only memberships emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org at least one week in advance of your visit will be honored.
- Family Plus and Sustaining memberships DO NOT admit extra guests for group visits. They admit only the parties named on the membership and their child(ren).
- Teacher and paraprofessional(s) for a school group will be admitted free with current school/district ID.
Add-ons (subject to availability, minimum of 10 participants, NOT included with membership, Monday-Friday only)
- Hands-on STEM Workshop (30 minute activity, ages 5+) . Check out our workshop choices for more information.
- +$2 per participant
- Room (e.g. meeting space, lunch space)
- +$1 per person (30 minutes)
- The following ratios of adults to children are recommended to ensure understanding of our exhibits and to provide your group with the best possible experience:
- For children in grades preK-2, one adult per four children.
- For children in grades 3-5, one adult per six children.
- Group leader must come to the admissions desk to pay* before the group will be allowed into the gallery. (*If your group requires an invoice for payment, please make sure to note that in your request so that arrangements can be made in advance.)
- All money must be collected before coming up to the admissions desk and must be paid in one lump sum.
- Acceptable forms of payment: cash, credit card, checks for exact amount only!
- No refunds will be made for checks made out for more than entry total.
Changes to Reservations
- If your group size changes (±5 people) after you make your reservation, please notify us by 3pm the day before your visit with current numbers.
- Any other changes or updates to your group visit reservation, please contact us before your visit. Please email email@example.com or call 701-258-1975.
- There is a $25 administration charge for group visits cancelled less than 24 hours in advance.
YOUR VISIT WILL BE SCHEDULED WHEN YOU RECEIVE OUR CONFIRMATION EMAIL. If you do not receive a confirmation email within 48 hours of your submission, please contact Gateway to Science.